There are many different facial treatments available for those who want to enhance the appearance of their skin. You may have heard of a procedure called a platelet rich plasma (PRP) facial if you follow celebrities on social media. It involves applying platelet rich plasma to your face after being extracted from your blood.
So is it necessary to have multiple PRP treatments for face rejuvenation? Depending on how severe your skin condition is, you may need additional PRP therapy sessions more frequently. However, the initial phase of PRP treatment often calls for 3 to 4 sessions separated by 6 to 8 weeks. Most patients just need 2 sessions each year for maintenance.
PRP Facial Rejuvenation: How Many Treatments Are Needed?
In most cases, the effects of the PRP treatment start to become noticeable a month after the procedure and continue to improve over time. Initially, the rejuvenation process may take a while to begin, but as time goes on, it gradually speeds up since this is a treatment integrated into the body’s natural healing process.
Effects are visible in 30 days, with the exception of a few uncommon circumstances where there may be serious problems. In most cases, one treatment is sufficient to show efficacy unless significant changes are being made. If it appears that you haven’t attained the best results possible, you may need another 1 or 2 additional treatments following the initial PRP session.
Ideally, there should be a period of at least 3 months between each PRP treatment. Results from a real and effective treatment should last for about 18 months, depending on your skincare routine, lifestyle, and skin type. To ensure that the outcomes are consistent throughout the course of 18 to 36 months, providers may advise a maintenance treatment PRP session.
Single vs. Series Platelet Rich Plasma Treatments
You might be thinking whether one treatment will be sufficient as you delve into your research about PRP facials. Several things, including the condition of your skin and your cosmetic objectives, can affect the number of treatments you may require. The effective strategy for developing a treatment plan is to discuss your needs and establish a customized timeline with your doctor during a consultation.
For instance, many patients are satisfied with their results following just a single treatment if they want to support, brighten up, and pamper their face. A treatment series, on the other hand, might be more appropriate for you if you have a specific issue that you’re trying to resolve.
Will You Need Maintenance Treatments?
You may consider transitioning to maintenance treatments after your initial treatment or set of treatments is finished, since microneedling with PRP facials have long-lasting benefits. For the majority of patients, maintaining their results only requires “booster” treatments administered twice a year. Some patients may hold off scheduling a follow-up consultation for even longer.
Platelet rich plasma therapy helps your skin age more gracefully even if there’s no cure to stop the aging process. The optimal effects of treatment may be enjoyed if you choose to receive maintenance treatments. It’s a great approach to maintain clear, healthy, and radiant skin over time.
How Long Does a PRP Treatment Last?
A provider may advise that a patient has 3 to 4 sessions separated at 4 to 6 week intervals in order to achieve the best possible results. In the first month, patients will see an improvement in their skin’s texture. After the initial treatment, collagen regeneration reaches its peak after approximately 3 months. The outcomes are normally maintained for 18 to 24 months. Typically, 1 to 2 touch-up treatments each year are needed to maintain the results.
How Does Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy Work?
After microneedling or microdermabrasion procedure, a patient receives a platelet rich plasma facial, which includes applying a sample of their blood to their face. The PRP facial is created by separating protein-rich plasma and platelets from the blood sample before the medical professional applies it. While PRP injection treatment for injured joints have been used by doctors for years, PRP facials have only lately gained popularity as a topical treatment.
The platelet rich plasma facial stimulates collagen production by combining microneedling or microdermabrasion with the growth factors found in PRP. Body connective tissues are composed of collagen, a major protein that stimulates cell repair. PRP is reportedly able to improve skin tone, texture, and fine lines by encouraging the body to produce collagen and regenerate healthy skin cells, although additional research is required to confirm this.
The PRP Facial Rejuvenation Procedure
Microneedling with PRP facials gives practitioners the ability to renew skin without using any invasive procedures by using the Rejuvapen microneedling device. The platelet rich plasma is applied by the doctor into the microchannels that the Rejuvapen creates in strategic facial treatment areas.
In-depth discussions about your medical history, expectations, and goals for your microneedling treatment will take place during a consultation with a skilled doctor. The following steps will be taken during your treatment, which may happen the same day as your consultation:
- Preparation: The facial treatment area is thoroughly cleaned and prepped.
- Drawing blood: 2 teaspoons of blood are extracted from a vein in your arm by the doctor.
- Plasma separation from blood: The blood is spun at a high speed for roughly 10 minutes while it’s placed in a centrifuge. Because it is lighter than the rest of the components of your blood, this makes the platelet rich plasma rise to the top where it can easily be extracted.
- Anesthetic Application: The dermatologist may put a topical anesthetic on the facial treatment area, if necessary or requested, in order to increase your comfort while having the procedure done.
- Treatment: Following a microneedling procedure with the Rejuvapen, the platelet rich plasma will be applied to the treatment area. The Rejuvapen creates micro-channels that provide access to the deepest layers of skin, promoting wound healing and encouraging skin rejuvenation.
What Results to Expect From PRP Therapy
If you have acne scars, wrinkles and sun damage, a PRP microneedling treatment may be beneficial. Reintroducing PRP to the skin encourages cell turnover, which boosts the elastin production and collagen growth. Your skin will appear more plump, tight, and smooth. Several different skin conditions can be addressed with PRP, including:
- Acne Scars: Acne scars can be bothersome to cover with makeup and challenging to treat with common skin care products. PRP therapy is one way providers can assist patients to feel more comfortable in their own skin. The treatment promotes the growth of fresh, healthy skin cells, which aids in the restoration of damaged skin. Your acne scarring should start to become less noticeable over time.
- Skin damage: One of the main reasons for early aging is sun damage. It may cause the onset of wrinkles, uneven pigmentation, or a rough or dull skin texture. The good news is that PRP therapy works wonders in treating all of these ailments.
- Pore issues: For concerns with your pores, combining PRP and microneedling can be quite effective. PRP therapy can help tighten the pores and minimize their appearance, while the microneedling provides professional-level exfoliation of your skin.
- Wrinkles and fine lines: Microneedling and PRP facials can help whether you’re trying to prevent the symptoms of aging or lessen their severity. This cosmetic treatment can improve the underlying structure of the skin and lessen the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by promoting elastin and collagen production.
- Dark circles: Sometimes, no amount of beauty sleep or coffee can completely eliminate dark circles. Since the skin surrounding the eyes is so sensitive and thin, treating this area can be challenging. PRP therapy can be used on more delicate parts of the face because it’s both mild and natural. This skin can be strengthened and revitalized to help lessen the appearance of dark circles.
Your clinician may also administer neuromodulators, which are wrinkle-reducing injections like Botox, and hyaluronic acid dermal filler to facial areas with deep lines and wrinkles. While neuromodulators prevent the facial muscles from contracting, dermal filler assists replace lost volume as you age. Neuromodulators can assist in the reduction of dynamic lines, such as the crow’s feet around the eyes, that develop as a result of muscle overuse.
Advantages of a Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Perhaps the most radical method of skin rejuvenation is to cover your face in blood. But platelet rich plasma facials may have certain dermatological advantages, such as smoothing the skin and lessening the visibility of scars and wrinkles for a more youthful appearance. The majority of people can receive a platelet rich plasma facial without any risks. Here are a few reasons that may explain why more people are trying out this cosmetic treatment:
- Longer-lasting results: Although this cosmetic procedure is fairly short, the results last for a long time. If you take the advice of the trusted provider, the effects of skin rejuvenation may last for at least 18 months.
- Natural: Your skin can naturally regenerate and your body can restore its tissues. The PRP treatment was developed with a focus on regeneration factors found in human blood and bodily tissue. As a result, unlike with artificial fillers, there may be minimal chance of an unfavorable reaction at the treatment area.
- Non-invasive treatment procedure: PRP involves drawing platelet rich plasma from the patient’s blood and using a tiny needle to effortlessly apply it into the desired region. It is a relatively easy cosmetic procedure that doesn’t require surgery.
- Quick and simple: PRP treatments are non-surgical and take only a short time—about 30 minutes—to complete. The stimulation of healing and regrowth factors changes the skin’s composition and improves its appearance and texture. Results from the procedure can be visible after a few weeks. The effects continue to develop over time after the body begins to boost natural collagen growth in the treatment area.
PRP Facial Rejuvenation: After the Treatment
A benefit of microneedling with PRP facials is that it doesn’t require much recovery time. Following the procedure, there can be some redness and discomfort, comparable to a sunburn. Additionally, bruising could also be experienced by some patients.
The next day following treatment, the redness goes away. But note that some patients may encounter a little swelling and rough skin. The swelling often goes down by the third day, although the rough texture may last for up to a week.
Side Effects of PRP Therapy
The negative effects of platelet rich plasma facials are minimal when performed out by a licensed medical expert, with the exception of brief redness, bruising, and inflammation. Because the process includes puncturing the skin and drawing blood, more severe side effects including infection, scarring, and excessive bleeding are possible. If you have a history of blood clotting disorders, bleeding disorders, or other blood diseases, you shouldn’t undergo a PRP facial.
The true risk of a PRP facial arises when the practitioner disregards safe practices for handling, storing, and disposing of needles. A platelet rich plasma facial requires clean equipment; otherwise, you face a risk of catching a serious blood-borne disease like HIV, hepatitis B, or hepatitis C. Additionally, platelet rich plasma facials should never use another person’s blood because of the possibility of blood-borne infection.
To protect yourself, only seek treatment from a licensed PRP therapy provider or plastic surgeon if you want a platelet rich plasma facial. The only person qualified to execute this treatment safely and lawfully is a medical expert.
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment Aftercare
It’s important to take good care of your skin and overall health to protect or possibly extend your results. Your doctor can talk with you about some recommended measures to take after the procedure. Any improvement in the health of your skin usually has a positive impact on how well your treatment works.
In order to reduce your risk of sun damage, doctors advise using sunscreen and mild skin care products. Exfoliate delicately and sparingly; over-exfoliating could harm your skin. When you’re stressed, drink plenty of water and give yourself some time to relax. If you smoke, this might be a good time to think about giving it up. Smoking might prevent your body from producing collagen and elastin.
Visit FACE Med Store for Premium Health and Beauty Supplies for Facial Treatments
Butterfly Needle – 23G 3/4 in. x 12 in. with sliding safety shield- Box of 100
Butterfly Needle – 25G 3/4 inch – Bag of 100
PEP Factor Maximizer
PEP Factor Maximizer – Wholesale Only
Pep Factor For SKIN Rejuvenation
Pep Factor For SCALP Rejuvenation
Butterfly Needle – 21G 3/4 in. x 12 in. with sliding safety shield- Box of 100
Blood Draw Needle Holder (Vacutainer) – Bag of 100
Pep Factor 24 pack – Half and Half Skin and Scalp
Many people find invasive facials unappealing because of their lengthy recovery times and scarring. This is why microneedling with PRP facials is so popular among people who desire facial rejuvenation. You can give your face a natural glow by using platelet-rich plasma combined with your own natural wound healing properties, while addressing your wrinkles, fine lines, and acne scarring.
At FACE Med Store, we specialize in affordable yet high-quality medical devices, accessories, and other supplies for practices. As a leading provider of medical tools and supplies, we strive to meet our customers’ needs. To help our clients extend the services of their practices, we assist them in obtaining medical supplies we can provide without hassle or stress. For the most updated stock list, get in touch with us today.