Derma rolling is a popular skin rejuvenation treatment that even patients can do at home – as long as they know how it works and have the right tools for the procedure. Patients are also advised to use skincare products like sheet masks and overnight masks after the treatment to keep it hydrated.
So is it safe to use Olay Regenerist Luminous Overnight Mask after derma rolling at home? Yes, skincare products like overnight masks are recommended after a derma rolling treatment because they soothe the skin and improve its condition. Olay Regenerist Luminous Overnight Mask is one of the best overnight masks to try because it fights different signs of aging and corrects the uneven skin tone.
Should I Use a Regenerist Luminous Overnight Mask After Derma Rolling?
Derma rolling is a popular treatment for patients who want to erase acne scars, fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots, age spots, sun spots, and other skin concerns. It’s an easy procedure that can be incorporated into a skincare routine and performed at home using derma rollers to see visible improvement and achieve luminous skin.
Treatments like derma rolling and microneedling help improve the skin by creating tiny incisions on the skin to stimulate collagen production. According to a study published in the Indian Dermatology Online Journal, patients experienced up to 400% collagen increase in their skin after these collagen induction procedures.
Some skincare products like the Regenerist Luminous Overnight Mask by Olay are safe to apply to the skin even after derma rolling treatments. It’s even recommended by most dermatologists and beauty experts because the procedure enhances skincare product absorption. In return, the overnight mask soothes the mild skin trauma after the derma rolling session.
How Derma Rolling Improves Skin Care Product Absorption
Derma rolling is a type of collagen induction therapy that’s usually performed at home using a nifty device called “derma roller.” It’s a tiny handheld skincare device with a wheel full of needles on one side. Derma rolling involves puncturing the surface of the skin to trigger the body’s healing response and stimulate collagen and elastin production in the deeper layers.
This skin rejuvenation treatment helps treat several skin concerns and improve overall skin health. One of its many benefits is that it helps the skin maximize product absorption. The micro-channels created during the derma rolling treatment allows serums, moisturizers, and other skincare products to reach into deeper layers of the skin for a firmer, younger-looking skin.
Are Overnight Face Masks Necessary?
Derma rolling even without hydrating serums, overnight face masks, and other skincare products is possible, but it’s highly recommended that you use them. Hydrating serums allow the derma roller to glide smoothly over the face, while overnight face masks moisturize the skin and soothe any swelling or pain after the treatment.
Improving Skin Health with Regenerist Luminous Overnight Mask
Sleep masks or overnight masks like the Olay Regenerist Luminous Overnight Mask are one of the latest skincare obsessions. They’re applied before going to bed and rinsed off in the morning. Different brands have different formulations but their main goal is to keep the skin moisturized even while asleep.
When people sleep, the body continues to lose a lot of moisture in the skin. Overnight masks prevent the moisture from escaping at night by creating a protective layer at the skin surface, keeping the skin hydrated throughout the night.
Here’s the ingredient list of Olay Regenerist Luminous Overnight Mask to keep the skin moisturized and help reduce hyperpigmentation and other skin issues after derma rolling:
- Niacinamide – This is a type of vitamin B3 that has tons of benefits for the skin. It helps the skin strengthen its barrier, rebuild the lipid layer, improve the skin texture, minimize the appearance of skin pores, and prevent sun damage and inflammation. This ingredient works best on reducing acne, fine lines, and dark spots.
- Tocopheryl acetate – Also known as vitamin E or tocopherol, this oil-soluble antioxidant fights the negative effects of free radicals on the skin. It also has hydrating and healing benefits that strengthen the skin barrier. This ingredient also works great for soothing the skin thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Mulberry root extract – Mulberry extract is another popular skincare product ingredient that’s added for its antioxidant properties. It helps calm the different signs of irritation on the skin. It also promotes even skin tone by slowing down the production of melanin, a dark pigment produced by the skin.
- Glycerin – This is a colorless and odorless humectant derived from plants. Humectants are skincare ingredients that retain the skin’s moisture and prevent it from drying. Glycerin slows down the evaporation of water from the skin, so they’re a great ingredient for sensitive skin and oily skin types.
- Panthenol – Panthenol or better known as vitamin B5 is another staple ingredient in many cosmetic products. It’s organic and produced from different plant and animal sources. When added to skincare products, panthenol acts as a softening and soothing agent. It also minimizes skin irritation, which makes it a great product for the skin after a derma rolling treatment.
Is Regenerist Luminous Overnight Mask Safe for Me?
Olay Regenerist Luminous Overnight Mask was clinically tested and deemed safe for most people. But since it contains a few allergens, fragrances, and other ingredients that might trigger allergy, it’s important to consult with a dermatologist first about this product if you have extremely reactive or sensitive skin.
How to Apply the Regenerist Luminous Overnight Mask After Derma Rolling
- After the derma rolling treatment, cleanse the skin with a gentle facial cleanser and clean water.
- Apply a nickel-sized dollop of the Regenerist Luminous Overnight Mask and spread it on the face. Use a small spoon for skincare products to prevent contamination.
- Avoid direct contact with the eyes to prevent irritation. If the product accidentally has contact with the eyes, rinse it off immediately.
- Wait for about 30 minutes to let the skin absorb the product. This also prevents the overnight mask from getting into the pillowcase.
- Sleep with the overnight mask on to keep the skin hydrated through the night.
- Upon waking up, wash off the overnight mask with clean hands and clean water to reveal smoother, less irritated skin.
Regenerist Luminous Overnight Mask vs. Other Skincare Products
Compared to other similar products that are used on the skin after a derma rolling treatment, the Regenerist Luminous Overnight Mask is easy to use and gentle on the skin. The deep moisturization of this product is only enhanced by the derma rolling treatment which makes the two a perfect pair.
It also doesn’t create a mess during the application, so patients don’t have to worry about the product clinging onto the pillowcase overnight. The rich formulation of the mask is easily absorbed by the skin without making it feel heavy or sticky to the touch. Users are guaranteed to wake up with supple and dewy skin that lasts for days even after they just went through a derma rolling treatment.
Other Overnight Masks to Try If Regenerist Luminous Isn’t For Me
Olay Regenerist Luminous Overnight Mask is one of the best skincare products to apply to the skin after derma rolling. It calms the skin and keeps it moisturized overnight. But if you can’t get your hands on this product, here are other alternatives that produce almost the same effects:
1. Herbivore Moon Fruit Superfruit Night Treatment
This purple overnight mask is packed with different superfruits that are rich in antioxidants, such as red raspberries, prickly pears, and goji berries. The product formulation is just the right texture – not too light nor too heavy on the skin. It’s also suitable for almost every skin type because it doesn’t include potentially harmful chemicals like parabens, sulfates, and phthalates.
2. StriVectin Overnight Replenishing Moisture Mask
After derma rolling and cleansing the skin, use the StriVectin Overnight Replenishing Moisture Mask to seal in the skin’s moisture. It’s the perfect pick for extra dry skin which happens a lot during winter months or when you just finished a derma rolling treatment at home. It has a gel-like texture instead of creamy, so it easily gets absorbed into the skin within a few minutes of application.
3. Laneige Cica Sleeping Mask
Laneige creates some of the best overnight masks in the market, but their best one for derma rolling treatment yet is the Cica Sleeping Mask. It’s a great pick for reducing redness on the skin and calming it after a derma rolling session.
The product formulation contains cica, an incredible active ingredient that reduces inflammation, heals scratches, and lightens blemishes. It also includes shea butter and squalene to nourish and hydrate the skin, as well as fermented yeast extracts to boost the effects of each ingredient.
4. REN Clean Skincare Evercalm Overnight Recovery Balm
The skin becomes extra sensitive after a derma rolling treatment, which is why it’s crucial to only use gentle products to avoid irritating the skin as it recovers. REN Clean Skincare Evercalm Overnight Recovery Balm is one of the best options if you have sensitive skin.
It’s an overnight repair mark that protects, moisturizes, and soothes the skin after a derma rolling session at home. This overnight mask contains algae, arnica, zinc oxide, and passion fruit extract to moisturize sensitive skin.
5. Fresh Black Tea Firming Overnight Mask
If you’ve got a little money to splurge on an overnight mask, the Fresh Black Tea Firming Overnight Mask is worth every penny you spend for it. It’s a bit on the expensive side compared to the overnight masks in this list, but the results are noticeable even after using it just a few times.
Their unique formulation contains black tea extract, hyaluronic acid, and peptides to keep the skin moisturized throughout the night – even after using a derma roller.
6. CosRx Propolis Honey Overnight Mask
CosRx is a favorite beauty brand from Korea that offers a plethora of affordable yet effective skincare products. Their Propolis Honey Overnight Mask does a good job of calming the skin, speeding up the skin’s healing process, and soothing skin trauma after a derma roller treatment.
However, it contains a bee byproduct that might trigger an allergic reaction in some people. Before using this product, make sure to do a test patch first to see if there are negative reactions on the skin.
Important Derma Rolling Aftercare Tips to Follow
Like microneedling, derma rolling also offers a ton of amazing benefits for the skin. But since this procedure involves causing minimal skin trauma, it’s extremely important to follow certain aftercare instructions to keep the skin healthy and avoid minor complications. Here’s what you should do after a derma rolling treatment at home:
Step 1: Cleanse
Cleanse your face using clean water and a gentle cleanser after the treatment. Make sure that the hands are clean whenever you touch the treatment area. Avoid applying used cleansing brushes to prevent irritating the skin.
Step 2: Soothe
Use a soothing skincare product. Serums, gels, masks, and creams that contain antioxidants are the best picks because they promote healing and lessen skin irritation. One of the best soothing and moisturizing skin care products to use after derma rolling is a hyaluronic acid serum.
Step 3: Hydrate
Find a hydrating product for the skin. After a derma rolling treatment, the skin feels drier than usual, so it’s crucial to keep it hydrated. This is where overnight masks come in – they keep the skin moisturized even through the night so make sure to keep a stock of your favorite brand.
Step 4: Protect
Protect the skin after the treatment. Like other skin treatments, derma rolling also requires patients to use a broad-spectrum sunscreen to avoid sun damage. Make sure to use a chemical-free one to minimize irritation following a derma rolling treatment.
Get the Best Skin Rejuvenation Devices for Your Clinic at FACE Med Store
FACE Med Store is a trusted partner of multiple medical spas and beauty clinics around the country. We provide each of our clients with high-quality skincare products or skin rejuvenation devices at an affordable price. This allows them to offer patients the utmost care and the best treatments for smoother skin and long-lasting results.
Know more about our best-selling skin rejuvenation devices by browsing through our website. We also offer great package deals for your skincare needs. Get in touch with us today.