Aesthetic dermatology, also known as medical aesthetics, has been growing rapidly over the last decade. The demand for cosmetic dermatology treatment procedures like laser resurfacing and mesotherapy has increased due to more and more patients wanting to improve their aesthetic value, which is why practitioners have strived to study the most advanced aesthetic treatments and technologies as much as possible.
So what do you need to know about aesthetic dermatology training? To become a certified cosmetic dermatologist, you’ll need to take a mesotherapy training course or a similar course. The aesthetic dermatology training course discusses the many different techniques and technologies in aesthetics, as well as proper administration of treatments like facials, chemical peels, and microneedling, among others..
About Aesthetic Dermatology Training
There are several graduate, postgraduate and technical courses for aesthetic dermatology training. Through these training courses, one can garner extensive experience in the field of cosmetic medicine and dermatology. The training course will equip you with the skills you require to perform a variety of mesotherapy procedures that you can use in practice at an aesthetic medicine clinic after getting your license and certification.
This training is an essential step to becoming a competent aesthetic dermatologist. In order to help their customers appreciate the skin they’re in, students in medical aesthetics training will master the most popular nonsurgical treatments.
Classroom instruction covers a wide range of topics, including an in-depth understanding of how lasers operate, how to treat unwelcome hair, therapeutic applications in the field, hair removal methods, and much more. Students receive practical aesthetic mesotherapy training in a medical spa setting where they observe thorough laser demos and attend to scheduled clients.
Eligibility Requirements and Criteria
Different schools and courses have different eligibility requirements for enrolling in an aesthetic dermatology training course. Generally, it’s prescribed that students must at least have a high-school diploma or GED to become eligible for the training course.
Students may also be required to have a medical background for certain courses. They may also be required to take a laser safety training course to become familiar with the safety regulations associated with laser treatment, skin health, and mesotherapy techniques.
While the field of aesthetic dermatology is open to a variety of disciplines, having prior medical experience in handling skin problems and dermato-surgical skills in mesotherapy is always beneficial. Some training courses may even mandate a medical degree for applying to this course while others are open to qualified candidates aged 16 and above.
Objectives of Aesthetic Dermatology Training
The ultimate objective of an aesthetic dermatology and mesotherapy training course is to ensure that the candidates can become competent healthcare professionals in the field of cosmetic medical procedures. The following are the objectives of the training course:
- Students enrolled in an aesthetic dermatology training course should be able to emerge with adequate knowledge about surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures to the extent that they can become masters of skin rejuvenation treatments.
- They should have an in-depth understanding of the clinical protocols and skills required to perform these procedures.
- They must understand the anatomy of the skin, principles of beauty therapy, fundamentals of mesotherapy treatment solutions, and comprehend how different procedures affect different types of skin.
- They should be able to demonstrate proficiency and mastery of practical skills in developing treatment solutions that will provide their patients with healthier skin.
- They should become well-versed and eloquent about the procedures they intend to perform so that they’re able to communicate the nuances of each aesthetic treatment solution to the patient and their kin.
Topics Covered by a Typical Aesthetic Dermatology Training Course
There are a plethora of sub-topics that come under the umbrella term of aesthetic dermatology. These are generally formulated in such a way that the syllabus isn’t only comprehensive in imparting knowledge to students but also challenges their practical skills throughout the duration of the aesthetic dermatology training course. Here are some of the most common topics covered in these training courses:
- Diagnostics of aesthetic ailments and viable skin treatments
- Non-invasive and invasive cosmetic procedures to improve skin tone, remove stretch marks, and provide wrinkle-free skin by using mesotherapy products
- Cosmetology and its scope in helping patients get better skin health
- Skin allergy tests such as injection tests, patch tests, skin prick tests, and skin analysis scans
- Chemical peels: their types, significance of chemical peel therapy, and preparation of a skin peel
- Differences between oxyfacial and hydrafacial procedures
- Course on beauty therapy techniques that involve fat dissolving
- Non-ablative mesotherapy course
- Microneedling techniques such as using a dermaroller and dermapen
- Dark circle treatment, radiofrequency treatment, electrocautery techniques
- Laser treatment procedures such as fractional CO2 laser and RF laser
- The complete guide to Trichology discusses topics such as mesotherapy, growth factors, lipo injections, derma contouring, trichoscopy techniques, and RF tightening
- Different injectable treatments such as botox injection therapy for different skin conditions
Prospective Courses in Aesthetic Dermatology Training
There are primarily three different types of courses in aesthetic dermatology. They’re fellowship courses, postgraduate courses, and online training courses. The fellowship courses are extensive and compressed programs hailed internationally for their ability to teach physicians the intricacies of aesthetic medical procedures.
Postgraduate courses are usually a sub-specialization of dermatology that deals with equipping physicians with knowledge in clinical cosmetology, trichology, cosmetic surgery, etc. An online course focuses on upskilling physicians in a particular niche of aesthetic dermatology such as botox injections, hyaluronic acid treatments, needling techniques, injectable mesotherapy, laser therapy, and body contouring, among others.
Upskill and Get Access to Advance Aesthetic Dermatology Training with FACE Med Store
Aesthetic dermatology is a sub-specialization of dermatology that’s gaining attention from all types of physicians. Highly-experienced aesthetic practitioners and medical professionals searching for a niche that calls out to them equally benefit from a comprehensive aesthetic dermatology training program.
At FACE Med Store, we offer a variety of online training courses in aesthetic medicine and cosmetic surgical procedures. These include aesthetic courses in acne scar treatment, cosmetic thread treatment, dermal filler procedures, injection therapy courses, fractional radiofrequency treatment courses, intense pulsed light (IPL), and other training courses. Contact us today to find out more about aesthetic dermatology training courses.