Penile shots and Injections are a form of therapy that involves extracting a platelet-rich plasma (PRP) solution from the patient’s blood and directly injecting it into the patient’s penis or penile region. This medical procedure has shown great promise in improving tissue growth. It can also help enhance erectile functionality and sexual health.
So how is PRP used in a penile shot? When performing this procedure, the doctor uses the patient’s own blood and uses their own tissues, cells, platelets, and plasma to create a PRP solution that will then be injected by the doctor into the penile tissues of the patient. The most notable type of injection under this category of procedures is the priapus shot.
Uses of the Penile Injection
Platelet-rich plasma penile injections are a form of experimental therapy. It’s founded on the principles of regenerative medicine that involves an injection made from the platelets of the patient. By using the body’s own regenerative and healing factors such as platelets and clotting factors, it can potentially be considered as an alternative treatment option for:
- Lichen sclerosus
- Penis enhancement
- Erectile dysfunction
- Sexual health
- Sexual function and performance
- Orgasm enhancement
- Peyronie’s disease
Why Could PRP Penile Shot Potentially Work?
The platelet-rich plasma penile injection is still largely in the experimental stage of medical application. As such, there aren’t concrete clinical trials to back the claims that are made about the effectiveness of PRP penile shots. Most of the existing evidence is primarily theoretical and anecdotal. There’s still a lot of ground that has to be covered by the research in this field.
While it could potentially enhance sexual health and function, it remains unclear as to why that might be the case – there are still questions on what the contraindications are to the procedure, the outcomes, or the overall safety of the procedure.
One of the claimed benefits of the platelet-rich plasma penile injection is enhanced sexual performance and orgasm ability. However, sexual performance has a number of variables and factors that go into its function, and a single injection may not be the silver bullet solution. But, it’s not based on conjecture alone.
According to current research, the benefits of penile shots that are based on PRP therapy could improve sexual health and performance due to the following reasons:
- It could be due to the new neural pathways that are being established.
- It could also merely be a placebo effect
- The penile tissues and cells could respond better due to repair and regeneration.
- It could be due to an increased blood flow through the penile region.
Medical Research Studies on the Use of PRP in Penile Injections
In recent years, there have been a number of research studies that have been made in using platelet-rich plasma therapy in the form of penile injections. Here is a list of some of the findings made so far in this area:
- Another assessment from 2019 revealed that there was very little evidence that PRP had a beneficial effect on ED.
- According to a 2019 evaluation of current research on PRP for male sexual dysfunction, there’s no clear evidence of the procedure’s advantages, safety, or hazards.
- PRP was paired with the daily use of a vacuum pump to expand the penis in a 2017 trial of 1,220 participants. While participants’ penis length and girth rose, this may be achieved with just a penile pump, and the impact is just transitory. However, using one of these too frequently or for too long can damage penile tissue, resulting in erections that aren’t as firm.
- Another evaluation from 2019 indicated that the trials on PRP for male sexual function are too small and poorly constructed.
Based on what was mentioned, it can be clearly indicated that there is a severe inadequacy in the quantity and quality of research done about the use of platelet-rich plasma therapy as penile injections.
The PRP Penile Injection Procedure
The PRP penile injection procedure is similar to most other PRP injection therapy solutions. While there aren’t any particular pre-procedure protocols that have to be followed, it is highly recommended that patients get a full spectrum blood test report to check overall vitals and health before getting the injection. This is to ensure that the patient has a healthy blood composition with the right platelet count.
Perhaps one of the best parts of the platelet-rich plasma penile injection treatment is that it is an outpatient procedure. This means that patients can be discharged in most cases in less than 24 hours. A general overview of the PRP penile injection procedure is as follows:
- The doctor or physician will apply a numbing ointment or cream on and around the penile region. Following this, he should then provide a local anesthetic to the surrounding area.
- The doctor should place a blood sample in a test tube. This sample should be taken from your arm or another non-invasive location.
- This blood sample is then processed by placing the test tube in a centrifuge. By spinning it at high speeds, the heavier components sink while the lighter platelets and plasma rise up. This separation helps in isolating a solution of Platelet-rich plasma.
- The PRP product is extracted from the test tube and filled into a syringe.
- PRP should be injected into the penile shaft, clitoris, or the Gräfenberg (G) spot. This takes roughly 4 to 5 injections and takes only a few minutes.
- People who had a penile shaft injection should be given a penis pump. This aids in drawing blood into the penis and ensuring that the PRP is operating properly.
- Over the course of a few weeks, the patient may be asked to do this themself for 10 minutes each day. However, regular use for long periods of time can harm the elastic tissue of the penis, so use with caution. Erections become softer as a result of this.
Outcomes of the Platelet Rich Plasma Penile Injection
Side Effects and Complications
PRP penile injections are a novel treatment solution; they’re still in the early stages of development. As such it has its fair share of risks, side effects, and potential complications.
Some minor side effects include redness, swelling, and bruises around the penile region. These are usually not serious and should go away in about 4 to 6 days.
However, there are also certain rare complications that may be associated with PRP penile injections. These include scarring or infection, and if the patient has a history of herpes, then they may develop an outbreak of cold sores.
Expected Time for Results
Despite being an experimental mode of therapy, PRP penile injections have a remarkable recovery time. Patients are usually able to return to their normal work routine in a day or two. However, it’s recommended for patients to not stress the injected area too much and minimize the amount of physical exertion for 24 to 36 hours. This is because sweating can irritate the injected penile region.
However, overall results can vary in the time it takes to manifest. The time for showing desired improved results is dependent on the overall physique and health of the patient. There are also other factors that are completely unrelated to the penile shot that contributes to sexual health and performance. Few patients have shown results in a couple of days while others have also taken up to several months to show an improvement.
In general, there are 3 types of responses to using PRP penile injections to improve sexual health and performance:
- Patients who show early response to treatment within 24 hours.
- Normal responders observe changes in their reactions after 3 to 6 treatments; after the second treatment, they notice a shift in their replies. They reach the pinnacle of their results in a month or two.
- Patients who show late response to treatment in about 3 to 6 months.
Purchase Top-Tier Medical Tools and Supplies from FACE Med Store
Butterfly Needle – 23G 3/4 in. x 12 in. with sliding safety shield- Box of 100
Butterfly Needle – 25G 3/4 inch – Bag of 100
PEP Factor Maximizer
PEP Factor Maximizer – Wholesale Only
Pep Factor For SKIN Rejuvenation
Pep Factor For SCALP Rejuvenation
Butterfly Needle – 21G 3/4 in. x 12 in. with sliding safety shield- Box of 100
Blood Draw Needle Holder (Vacutainer) – Bag of 100
Pep Factor 24 pack – Half and Half Skin and Scalp
It’s obvious that despite its potential claimed benefits, the platelet-rich plasma penile injection needs a tremendous amount of research to back those claims. Interested patients should consult their doctor and penile shot provider before making a decision.
With PRP injections being used in a variety of cosmetic and medical procedures, it’s critical to get the most up-to-date medical equipment and technology for the best possible results.
FACE Med Store is committed to acquiring the highest quality products and delivering them to medical clinics, aesthetic practices, and even directly to patients across the country at competitive costs. Get access to the best beauty and medical supplies now and contact FACE Med Store today.