Before considering this avant-garde age-reversing treatment, know the real costs.
Exosome therapy promises to reverse aging by harnessing your body’s own power to heal itself. But with price tags ranging from a few hundred to several thousand dollars per session, are these intriguing treatments a breakthrough anti-aging investment or an unproven cash grab?
Face Med Store reveals the unbiased truth on exosome costs for common uses like facial rejuvenation, hair restoration, and pain relief so you can determine if the potential benefits outweigh the steep fees.
How Much Does an Exosome Facial Cost?
Exosome facials cost approximately $250 to $6,500 per session nationwide. However, pricing depends on your location and specific provider. In general, the cost averages $500 to $1,500 per treatment in major metropolitan areas.
Factors Impacting Cost
Several key factors drive the pricing for exosome facial treatments:
- Treatment technique – More advanced procedures like microneedling or chemical peels paired with exosomes cost more than basic injection techniques.
- Treatment area – Larger areas like the full face and neck are more expensive than localized treatments.
- Number of sessions – Most providers recommend a series of 4-6 sessions spaced 2-4 weeks apart for optimal results rather than a single treatment. The overall cost accumulates with more sessions.
- Provider expertise – You’ll pay more at upscale medi-spas, plastic surgery centers, and dermatology clinics compared to basic spas.
- Geographic location – Big cities like Los Angeles, New York, and Miami have higher prices than other regions of the U.S.
Cost Examples Nationwide
- In Florida, expect to pay $400-$1,100 per treatment at spas in cities like Orlando and Tampa.
- Throughout California, costs start around $250 for basic exosome facials but average $300-$500 for more advanced treatments incorporating microneedling, peels, etc. Specific cities like Los Angeles, Newport Beach, and Palm Springs fall within this range.
- In New York City, exosome facials range from $700 to $1,050 per session.
- Providers in New Jersey report pricing anywhere from $300 to $2,000 per treatment. The average cost is approximately $700-$1,500 according to most sources.
- Nationwide, basic injection techniques may start around $250 but advanced and combination procedures can cost up to $6,500 per session depending on factors like location.
How Much is the Exosome Regenerative Complex?
When purchased in bulk packages of 6 treatments, the Exosome Regenerative Complex costs approximately $350 per session. For smaller orders of 1-5 sessions, the price rises to $599 per application.
Some providers list the item costing $295 “per box”. Either way, at around $300-$600 per session, the Exosome Regenerative Complex falls within the general cost range patients can expect to pay for proprietary or customized exosome facial treatments from most providers.
What’s the Cost of Exosome Therapy for Hair Loss?
Exosome therapy for hair loss costs an average of $5,000 to $10,000 for a complete multi-session treatment plan according to provider estimates, with individual sessions ranging from $5,000 up to $15,000 on average.
Cost Per Session
A single exosome hair restoration session costs approximately $5,000. However, when paired with supplementary procedures like bone marrow injections or fat transfers, the per session price may climb to $15,000 or beyond.
In contrast, individual PRP and laser hair treatments cost $300-$700 per session.
Factors Impacting Cumulative Cost
Factors that determine the overall investment in exosome hair loss therapy include:
- Number of sessions – Providers typically recommend 5-10 treatments spaced 2-4 weeks apart for robust regrowth. The costs accumulate with each session completed.
- Supplementary procedures – Combining exosomes with fat transfers, plasma, or stem cell injections increases the per-session pricing.
- Provider expertise & location – Reputable hair restoration clinics with extensive exosome experience charge premium pricing compared to basic providers. Geographic region also impacts costs.
Duration of Results: How Long Does Exosome Hair and Facial Therapy Last?
Exosome therapy takes time to reveal its full effects. Here’s what to expect:
Initial Results Time Frame:
- Some increased thickness may be noticeable after 30-40 days.
- Most patients see the first signs of new growth in 2-3 months.
Full Results Time Frame:
- It takes approximately 6 months for most patients to see the complete hair regrowth and thickening possible from a series of exosome treatments.
- Being consistent with the recommended number of sessions is key for optimal results.
How Long Do Results Last?
The longevity of exosome hair regrowth varies:
- Potentially permanent results – Some providers claim properly administered treatments could provide permanent regrowth, though limited long-term data is available currently.
- 6-12 months – Most sources report results persisting for 6 months up to 1 year before maintenance is needed. This is longer than most laser or PRP treatments.
- Ongoing maintenance needed – To lock in thickness and growth, maintenance sessions every 3-6 months are often advised after completing the initial round.
Is Exosome Therapy Covered by Insurance?
Exosome therapy is generally not covered by health insurance and must be paid for out-of-pocket by patients, as exosome treatments remain experimental and lack FDA approval beyond select cancer uses according to providers.
Exosome therapy is considered experimental by insurance companies since exosome products lack FDA approval for clinical use in most applications.
Some specific exosome therapies are approved for applications like cancer treatments. Even so, for common uses like pain management or aesthetic treatments, exosome therapy remains investigational.
Patients pay cash for most exosome treatments rather than relying on insurance coverage.
Consultation and administration fees by healthcare providers may be partially covered, but the exosome therapy itself is paid out-of-pocket.
Medicare does not cover exosome treatments for applications like chronic musculoskeletal pain or osteoarthritis.
Medicare may provide partial coverage for associated consult fees and follow-up appointments related to exosome therapy.
If exosome treatments gain FDA approval for clinical applications beyond select cancer uses, insurance coverage could expand depending on evidence of safety, efficacy and cost-effectiveness.
“Exosome therapy vs stem cell therapy: which has a higher cost?
Exosome therapy costs $3,500-$6,500 on average, much less than stem cell therapy’s average cost of $5,000-$50,000.
Can you explain how exosome therapy works?
Exosome therapy works by introducing exosomes, small signaling vesicles containing proteins and genetic material, into the body via IV or injection to stimulate tissue repair and regeneration.
Is exosome therapy safe for all patients?
While promising, exosome therapy safety has not been conclusively established and treatments remain experimental without FDA approval, so safety for all patients cannot yet be guaranteed.