There are different stages of hair loss and one of the early signs that anyone should look out for is a receding hairline. Hair thinning and slow hair growth on the crown of the scalp and temples can mean that you have this condition. If you notice these symptoms, it’s best to get immediate hair loss treatment to prevent it from progressing to complete baldness. An excellent cosmetic procedure you can use to address this is PRP therapy.
So how can PRP treatment improve a receding hairline? Platelet-rich plasma injections can slow down the signs of a receding hairline by encouraging the regrowth of thicker hair on the front of the head. What makes PRP effective is that they contain proteins and growth factors that can stimulate the weakened hair follicles and support the active hair cycle to reverse a receding hairline.
How Do PRP Injections Help With Receding Hairline?
A receding hairline is often one of the first signs of androgenic alopecia or male and female pattern baldness. While losing hair around the hairline can cause a drastic change in appearance, you shouldn’t feel too helpless about it since PRP injections can help slow down the rate of hair loss.
Platelet-rich plasma, or PRP, is an autologous treatment that uses the healing and reparative abilities of platelets to stimulate cell growth and tissue regeneration on the scalp. These platelets contain numerous growth factors that encourage cell repair, increase blood flow to the dormant hair follicles, and support healthy hair growth on the crown and frontal scalp area.
What Does the PRP Procedure for Receding Hairlines Look Like?
Unlike hair transplant surgery, PRP is a minimally invasive procedure for promoting new hair growth. Before the treatment, patients need to have an initial consultation and complete scalp examination with their provider to plan how many PRP injections they will need depending on their receding hairline condition and amounts of hair loss.
Most PRP procedures for hair restoration are outpatient but they involve several steps. Here’s an overview of what happens during a PRP hair treatment:
- Blood draw – The treatment begins by taking a small amount of blood that will be used to prepare the PRP serum.
- Centrifugation – The next step involves separating the blood platelets from the red blood cells and white blood cells. This is done by placing the blood sample in a centrifuge machine for about 10 minutes.
- Activation – The provider may add activators to improve the platelet concentrate and initiate the release of essential growth factors that will help in hair restoration.
- Injection – The provider may numb the areas to reduce your discomfort before placing the PRP serum into the areas around the hairline with visible thinning and hair loss.
How Successful is PRP Therapy for Hair Loss?
There are several studies that suggest PRP as an effective treatment for certain types of hair loss and androgenetic alopecia. However, its effects are not immediate and patients who received the injections will normally have to wait for 3 to 6 months to see a noticeable increase in hair growth and improvement in hair thickness.
Patients with hair loss and receding hairline will also most likely need maintenance treatments after their initial series of PRP injections to get their desired hair growth results and enjoy its long-lasting effects. Aside from an improved hairline, here are other changes that can be expected from a PRP treatment:
- Repairs damage to hair follicles
- Improves growth of miniaturized hairs
- Strengthens hair strands and improves hair density to provide a fuller head of hair
- Regrows thicker hair in thinning or balding areas
Benefits of PRP as a Solution for Receding Hairline
There are many advantages to getting PRP injections over a surgical hair transplant for regrowing hair and enhancing a receding hairline. Some of the known benefits of PRP treatments are:
- As a non-surgical procedure for hair regrowth, PRP doesn’t require any incisions on the scalp.
- It can address the root cause of hair loss by bringing back healthy follicles.
- It has zero downtime, only minimal discomfort, and side effects after the procedure.
- It can prolong the hair growth cycle to prevent future hair loss.
- Since it’s an autologous treatment, there’s also very little risk of having an allergic reaction.
Who are Good Candidates for PRP Hair Loss Treatments?
Men and women who are suffering from the early stages of hair loss and receding hairline can be suitable patients for a PRP injection. However, it’s also important that they are in good condition and have no underlying medical conditions that may affect the treatment. A patient can’t receive PRP if they have any of the following conditions:
- Low platelet counts
- Thyroid disease
- Autoimmune disorders
- Chronic skin condition
- Active scalp infection
- Chronic liver disease
Other Possible Treatments for Receding Hairline
Those who cannot get PRP due to their medical history and current health condition can explore other treatment options for their receding hairline. Here are the other hair growth solutions that can help:
- Medications – Certain medications such as Finasteride and Minoxidil can help manage balding hair around the hairline. The only downside is that these medications may have unwanted side effects such as scalp irritation and rashes.
- Hair growth supplements – Patients with receding hairlines may also take hair vitamins and supplements such as biotin to provide extra nourishment to their follicles and support hair regrowth.
- Topical serums – Individuals may also try hair rejuvenation solutions like PEP Factor products. Many cosmetic practices today are offering PEP Factor as a potential alternative to PRP treatments. It contains a blend of fibroblast growth factors, copper peptides, and other proteins and nutrients that can encourage hair regrowth and provide improved hair health.
Get PEP Factor and Other Medical Tools for Hair Rejuvenation at FACE Med Store
Butterfly Needle – 23G 3/4 in. x 12 in. with sliding safety shield- Box of 100
Butterfly Needle – 25G 3/4 inch – Bag of 100
PEP Factor Maximizer
PEP Factor Maximizer – Wholesale Only
Pep Factor For SKIN Rejuvenation
Pep Factor For SCALP Rejuvenation
Butterfly Needle – 21G 3/4 in. x 12 in. with sliding safety shield- Box of 100
Blood Draw Needle Holder (Vacutainer) – Bag of 100
Pep Factor 24 pack – Half and Half Skin and Scalp
Having a receding hairline can be worrying, but getting the right hair restoration treatments can help stop its progression to complete baldness. PRP therapy is one of the best hair growth solutions that can improve receding hairlines. However, patients can also get PEP Factor products as an alternative if they are hesitant about the bloodwork and the injection procedure.
At FACE Med Store, we provide high-quality PEP factor products for scalp and hair rejuvenation. We also offer other affordable medical tools and supplies that will allow your practice to continue providing the best treatments. For inquiries about our products and our stocks, contact us today.