To know what product works well with your skin, you have to take note of its active ingredients and additives. Growth factor products such as growth factor sera have growth factors as their active ingredients, which may be derived from human stem cells or bioengineered from plant cells or animal cells, or even animal secretions.
So what’s the best growth factor serum? The best growth factor serum is the one that works well with your skin for you, which entails knowing the active ingredient of the product and trying it out for yourself. This helps maximize the product’s benefits, which include reinforcing the skin barrier to lock in moisture and stimulating collagen production for younger-looking skin.
Lead the Charge to PRP-alternatives with PEP Skin. Get 20% off with “20OFF” Code and Boost Your Clinic’s Bookings with This Unique Technology, Only at Face Med Store.
Introducing PEP Skin, a revolutionary peptive and PRP-alternative that is combined with microneedling to produce similar results, without the need for a centrifuge or blood drawing. Get 20% off your order today.
The coupon code is active for logged-in users only.
You can create an account here.
How To Choose A Growth Factor Serum
While being the most expensive doesn’t always mean being the best growth factor there is, it certainly is true for growth factor sera. In choosing the best growth factor serum, also factor in the price as this may mean that better technologies and ingredients are used to formulate the product, giving you better results.
Still, choosing a good growth factor serum for your skin is a matter of preference. Sometimes, what works well for others may not work for you. For example, while growth factor sera are safe for all skin types, those with sensitive skin types should still be careful that there are no additional fragrances or preservatives present in the serum.
Usually, people go for brands with epidermal growth factor (EGF) as its active ingredient, but other growth factors work well too, such as platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) and fibroblast growth factor. What’s more important is the amount of growth factor present in the product and how these growth factors complement the effect of the other ingredients present in the serum.
The Best Growth Factor Serum
A growth factor serum is a topical growth factor that works well in sensitive skin types. There are a lot of growth factor sera in the market, which may be differentiated based on the origin of the growth factors in skincare products, the additional ingredients present, and the prices.
- SkinMedica TNS Recovery Complex – This serum from SkinMedica has a patented growth factor blend containing human growth factors, antioxidants, soluble collagen, cytokines, and matrix proteins. Called the TNS® (Human Fibroblast Conditioned Media), it exists in the product at a high concentration of 93.6%.
- Neocutis BIO Serum Firm Rejuvenating Growth Factor and Peptide Treatment – Key ingredients of this serum from Neocutis include human growth factors, proprietary peptides, sodium hyaluronate, and acetyl glucosamine.
- Osmosis Beauty StemFactor Growth Factor Serum – This serum from Osmosis contains over 600 growth factors and skin proteins from stem cells which are specifically brought to the skin cells via the targeted delivery of its exosome, a cell product that is like tiny bubbles of a cell membrane that can encapsulate and deliver the growth factor contents.
- StackedSkincare EGF Activating Serum – This serum from Sephora has no banned products and works well in all skin types. Its key ingredients include SH-OLIGOPEPTIDE 1, yeast extract, and green tea extract, along with other naturally occurring, non-irritating products.
- Natura Bisse Inhibit High Definition Serum – This anti-aging serum contains platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) as its growth factor active ingredient. Other key ingredients include the skin relaxing Octamioxyl® and conotoxin and the Dermafill Complex III, a blend containing triple hyaluronic acid and other natural ingredients.
- Jan Marini Transformation Face Serum – This serum from Jan Marini contains transforming growth factor (TGF) beta -1 as its growth factor component. Other key ingredients include NayadTM and hyaluronic acid. It also employs a targeted delivery system via its micronized liposome component.
- The Inkey List 15% Vitamin C and EGF Brightening Serum – This serum from Sephora contains plant-derived epidermal growth factors and vitamin C, the cofactor in collagen synthesis.
- Perricone MD High Potency Growth Factor Firming & Lifting Serum – The key ingredients of this serum include polyamine growth factor, eggshell membrane, and encapsulated retinol, the latter two being used to lock in the moisture of the skin barrier.
- BioEffect EGF Serum – This serum from BioEffect is an award-winning product with a plant-sourced epidermal growth factor. It’s hypoallergenic and doesn’t have any additional fragrance, alcohol, or oils as its ingredients. It’s also cruelty-free.
Benefits Of Growth Factor Serum
Growth factor sera are formulations that help increase skin cell turnover and promote cellular growth through the action of their active ingredients that are the growth factors. They also act as collagen stimulators that can promote elastin and collagen synthesis for better skin texture and elasticity.
They may also help hydrate the skin and lock in the moisture in the skin barrier, thus improving the appearance of dry skin. With these activities, a growth factor serum may also well be called an anti-aging serum because of its ability to provide an overall improvement in the skin to maintain that youthful glow.
Introducing PEP Scalp, the Non-invasive PRP Alternative Composed of Peptide-rich Proteins. Get 20% off Your Cart with “20OFF”!
Specifically formulated for the scalp, PEP Scalp is a groundbreaking alternative to PRP treatment for hair and scalp rejuvenation. It helps patients achieve similar results without the need to invest in a centrifuge.
The coupon code is active for logged-in users only.
You can create an account here.
Other Skincare Products That Utilize Growth Factors
Aside from sera, other skincare products with growth factors as the active ingredient can also be purchased from the market. These products include facial masks, moisturizers, and creams that you may also add to your skincare routine. They also have additional ingredients to better improve the appearance of your skin.
- Factorfive Soothing Facial Mask – This facial mask has human stem cell conditioned media as one of its key ingredients, incorporating growth factors secreted by this media in the other natural, botanical products such as aloe, green tea extract, and hemp seed oil. It’s hypoallergenic and is cruelty-free.
- Perricone MD Cold Plasma Plus+ Fragile Skin Therapy – Key ingredients of this nourishing and anti-aging formulation include growth factor peptide, micro-hyaluronic acid (HA), and retinol.
- Drunk Elephant Protini Polypeptide Cream – This cream has key ingredients namely signal peptide complex as its growth factor component, pygmy water lily stem cell extract as antioxidant, and soybean folic acid ferment extract for vitamin B. It’s also within the pH of 4.0, a skin-friendly pH, and is a vegan and cruelty-free formulation.
- Neocutis Bio Cream Overnight Smoothing Cream – This smoothing cream has a lightweight formulation and contains growth factors, antioxidants, and matrix proteins such as collagen as key ingredients.
- Keracell Rejuvenating Rich Moisture Cream – This moisturizer is formulated from plant-derived ingredients such as REVINAGE®, a good substitute for retinol and/or retinyl palmitate for better cell turnover, and MHCsc™ Technology to incorporate human stem cell extracts that secrete growth factors in this skincare product.
- Alastin Skincare Restorative Skin Complex – This award-winning skincare product from Alastin has the patented TriHex Technology®, which contains Tripeptide-1 and Hexapeptide-12 that act as collagen stimulators. It also contains orathine and hexapeptide 38 for improved skin elasticity.
Shop For The Best Skin Rejuvenation Products At FACE Med Store
With the plethora of growth factor sera available in the market, it may be hard to choose which one to buy. But the most notable thing to remember is that the best growth factor serum is one that will work best on your skin, with the growth factors and other additives complementing each other to address the concerns you have on your skin.
At FACE Med Store, we sell PEP Factor, a high-quality formulation that contains basic Fibroblast Growth Factor (bFGF) which is safe and effective for skin rejuvenation. We also offer the best medical devices for skin rejuvenation such as derma rollers. Contact us today at (800)770-9083 or browse through our shop to learn more.
Learn More: What Is Fibroblast Growth Factor-9?